• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI #3 or is it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

countrygin36

my husband was charges w/dwi #3 went to driver control hearing today and it was dropped by them to #2. Does this mean that the Arkansas courts/police will also see this as #2 or will it stay a #3 in their eyes. Thanks.

B

bini

Driver Control and the court are two different entities with two different rules. The answer to your question though is I don't know. oviously driver control had a reason to "plea bargain" down to the 2nd. You will have to wait and see what the court does. but as far as Kansas law goes a dui cannot be plea bargained, but alot of things are taken into account. for example the length of time that has passed since his last DUI. For instance. I got a DUI new years eve 1987, I turned around and got another that February. I stayed being a "good girl" till 1998 when I got another, you would think that this would be my 3rd but they counted it as my 1st and I got diversion. sometimes the courts do not go back but only 5-7 years and this could be the reason for 3 going down to 2, but of course without the whole story I do not know what your situation is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">