• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket in South Dakota

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trizna

while having an ohio drivers license, I got a speeding ticket in south dakota on 6/28/1985. i paid the fine by personal check via mail. now, 16 years later texas dept. of public safety sends me a "notice of cancellation" saying at the time i made application for a texas license that the ohio licensing authorities have withdrawn my driving privileges. since ohio i have lived in florida for one year, georgia for 8 years and most recently in louisiana for 7 years. i called south dakota and they said to fax the canceled check to them to clear the matter. the i.r.s. only requires us to keep documents 7 years and south dakota is wanting a canceled check from 16 years ago. i do not have the canceled check any longer.

is there a statute of limitations or other provision in ohio or south dakota that can help me to not have to pay this $70.00 fine again and keep my texas drivers license? The notice will take affect sept 17,2001.

please help: :confused:

Q

qadaq

There's just about got to be. First thing I would do is get all the facts. Find out when they pulled your driving rights. If it was recently find out why they haven't done until now. Did you get the other state's driver's licenses? If you got all of those other licenses the record was clear or they didn't check. Why are they checking for Ohio if you have a Louisiana license? I'd also write a letter to the Texas Dept of Public Safety explaining the situation. Also see if you can talk to somebody there, preferably a supervisor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">