• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many DUI's before you loose your lic.???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildthing

My ex-girlfriend got her 4th DUI. She hite a parked car with my truck (which she had taken without my permission), left the sceen of the accident, and ran from the police. I contacted the prosecutor and told him about the other 3 she had gotten in 2 other states and even gave him the dates and cause numbers. But for some reason (even though she didn't have a attorney) he dropped all charges and let her plea to the DUI. For her "punishment" she got 2 days in jail (which was time served), loss of licence for 60 days with special driving priv. for work even though she works at a bar, $100.00 fine, 1 year non reporting probation. This seems pretty weak considering this was her 4th DUI. What makes it even worse is that I had to pay for the damage she did to the car she hit. Is there some goverment agency I can report this to so that someone will take her licence before she kills someone???

HomeGuru

Whay are you stil connected to her? Is she driving a vehicle registered to you or that you have the insurance on?

wildthing

We had split up about 2 weeks before the night she got her DUI. She came to my house that night waisted and wanting to reconsile. I took her keys so she couldn't drive because she pulled into my yard and hit a tree when she got there (Stupid me!!! I still cared and didn't want to see her trying to drive and end up in a serious accident). When she took my truck I'm the one who called the police. After they arrested her she told them I had attempted to rape her(attempted rape charge), that I had pushed her (domestic battery charge), and that I had threatened to kill her (felony intimidation charge). I spent $1000's because of all this and she's still causinig me problems. I'm on probation now and have a no contact order, so every couple months she calls the cops and tells them I've called her, or that I've followed her. Which costs me more $$$, and also cost me a good job. 4 DUI's and she still has her licence, that's not right!!! So I figuere maybe if I caused her to loose her licence (caused a little trouble in her life) maybe she would leave me alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">