• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RossM

2 issues; Missouri - I purchased a new Mitsubishi Spyder last year. Now one of my font wheels is bent in two places. Dealer wants to charge me for a new wheel. I told the service manager there are dozens of complains about these wheels on the NHTSA site. He said he would call me back. When he called back he admitted there were a large number of complaints and he would speak to the zone rep. After he spoke to the rep he said they would not replace the wheel and the zone rep would call me.
I spoke to the zone rep he said they had no complaints on these wheels and they would not replace it. I believe this to be a safety issue, wheels should not bend during normal everyday driving.
I wanted all four wheels replaced with the new replacement type, they no longer use the wheels I have.

2nd problem - same car.
The headlight lenses have a film of dirt and grime on the inside. I visited the factory a couple of months ago and spoke to the engineer in charge of that assembly line. He looked at the car and said "I expect to get these back in a box in a month or so. When we first started production, we weren't wiping the dust from the inside before assembly, we've since started doing that. "
I asked him if he thought I would have any problems getting the dealer to replace them he said "None at all".
Dealer's response was to contact the zone rep. Zone rep said they weren't replacing them as dust and grime inside the headlight covers doesn't affect visibility. Alrighty! I believe this to be a safety issue as well.

I need advice/opinions on how to proceed.
Obviously, a complaint with NHTSA and the Mitsubishi consumer hotline. I don't have much hope with the hotline.
I also think a letter (RRR) to the dealer's owner stating the problems/issues and what I want to happen is in order. I want to give them 5 days to respond. If they refuse to rectify the problems, what next?
Thanks,
Ross

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">