• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CApimp

Alright, well, I have written about this ticket before, but I now also have more information that before. I was pulled over doing 35 in a 25 in a school zone. The motorcycle officer was in a driveway, with no permission, and over 20 feet onto the property. I haven't found any laws saying that he has to be told to leave, but I also haven't found any laws saying that he has any right to be on Private Property. Also, I went to the police station, and got a record of the calibrations on that radar gun, and it hadn't been calibrated in 24 days, i'm also not sure on the legality that he can radar me with a radar gun that hasn't been calibrated in such a long time. Racer72, I assume you are going to respond to this, so tell me what you think.

Q

qadaq

As for the officer trespassing I'm not sure this helps. As for the radar gun not having been calibrated in a while, I'd see what you can find out with respect to other cases in your area. Can you get to a law library hopefully with some helpful clerks? This might give you an idea. 10 over is a break point in CO and I'm pretty sure it is in KS as well, so it may be there. Whether that applies to low speed limits I'm not sure, but this may help. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">