• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding tix in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Steelerfan

I need some advice from someone in the wonderful state of PA. I got a speding ticket, going 51 in a 35...everything seems to be in order, except, the cop wrote my license plate number down wrong. I have asked a few cop friends of mine and they say it's up to the judge whether that disqualifies the validity of the ticket.

Anyone??

racer72

You can tell the judge the license number is wrong and he will pull his pen and correct it. Generally the only info on a ticket that could cause it to be dismissed would be the wrong name or DL number, law or code violation number or location of the violation. And depending on the jurisdiction, even if the above is incorrect may not get a citation dismissed.

Q

qadaq

I would think that if the judge takes out his pen and starts writing on your ticket you can ask him if he witnessed the crime, but this may not help your case.

This would work in a perfect world:

Track down the license number on the ticket. Your cop buddies can help in this.

You take it to court. You ask the officer to relate the details of the traffic stop. You ask the license plate number of the car he stopped and the description. Hopefully he'll give the one on his copy of the ticket.

Then show the information concerning the car with that license number and prove that you weren't in that car at the time in question and somebody must have faked your ID.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">