• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

orb

I was actually scared when this happened, it was in the evening so it was a bit dark. This car came up pretty fast so i sped up and past cars to avoid him. Suddenly the lights blinked... and it was a cop... i believe that i speeded more since i thought someone was chasing me... is it possible to tell that to the judge? seriously i would not have sped up that quick if he was following so close... .

racer72

You can tell the judge. Will it get you out of the ticket? Probably not. The proper response to a situation such as yours is to pull over and let the vehicle (cop or any other driver) pass.

Q

qadaq

What speed did he write you for? He was probably after you anyway and already had you for a speed you'd done earlier. Otherwise, why was he chasing you in the first place? You can tell the judge you were trying to avoid a collision and that might help if the speed you were written for seems excessive. I'd talk to the city attorney first, don't tell him anything he probably wouldn't already know, but tell him why you think the speed you were written for seemed too high. You might get a deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">