• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An insect in a perfume...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cse114

I bought this "Georgio Armani" perfume and found a 2cm long insect that is captured inside the bottle. I wonder I can make some money by sueing the company or negotiate with the company. If possible, what should I do next? :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cse114 said:
I bought this "Georgio Armani" perfume and found a 2cm long insect that is captured inside the bottle. I wonder I can make some money by sueing the company or negotiate with the company. If possible, what should I do next? :rolleyes:
My response:

Beyond the product being defective, what is your theory on the issue of negligence and damages to "make some money" ? What was your harm ?

Your recourse in this type of a situation is merely to return the perfume for exchange or refund. Unless you can answer my questions, then that's it.

IAAL

C

cse114

Think twice...

It is not the question... It's about the company that will be disgraced, when I go for the publicity with my case... And I am looking for a lawyer who negotiate this... I am talking about "Georgio Armani"... Think bigger, my man... :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

And, when they allege that it was you that placed the insect in the bottle . . . .

You know what ? Forget it. This is not even worth my time.

IAAL

C

cse114

Guess you have never had a perfume before...
See... they all come in sealed bottle, just so you know... ^^
Also... You reponses are no help at all...
and I do not need your response... so don't reply...

C

cse114

Grow up... ^^

You are acting like a kid...
Guess you really want to distrupt me like that... naughty boy...
Did I hurt your self-esteem or what?
If you have a time like that...
Give the time to thinks twice... please...

S

satinfo

go and slip on a banana peel, you'll have better luck making an illicit gain. But be careful you don't slip to hard, break your neck and kill yourself.

C

cse114

Stupid...

Stupid people never get it...
I see how stupid you are... and that's true...
I did not know there are so many idiots like you...
Are you are suggesting me what you have tried or what...?
Please, do not try to show off your stupidness...
I feel sorry for your parents...

JETX

At least we know who OUR parents are!

With the mental feebleness you seem to have, I wonder if that could be part of your problem.

However, you have asked a reasonable question and I will answer it for you...
Question: "I wonder I can make some money by sueing the company or negotiate with the company. If possible, what should I do next?"
Answers:
1) "Suing the company": First you need to find an attorney to represent your case... unless you are considering small claims court (not much money there). So, lets say you finally find an attorney (has to be a real NEWBIE) to represent your 'case'. Since you have ZERO damages, if you win, you will get ZERO! No punitive, no exemplary, NADA, ZERO, ZILCH. So, that pretty much excludes an attorney on contingency. This means that you will have to fund the entire cost of litigation out of your pocket. How much do you have to spend on a lawyer and fees???
2) "Negotiate with the company": Yes, this one is possible. If I were you, I would send them a letter and include a picture of your 'genie in a bottle' (oh, sorry, insect!). Tell them that you demand "X" dollars in payment or you will tell the world of their problem. Whoops, that sounds too much like extortion.... and you really don't want to spend time in prison with Bubba, do you??? So, lets just ask them to make you an offer for the 'bugged bottle' for their 'collection'. That way, no extortion, no Bubba. Then, one day in the near future, you get a letter from "Georgio Armani". You, holding your breath in excitement, run in to the house to show Mom your letter... tear it open and find....
a letter saying that your perfume bottle wasn't really Georgio Armani, but was just another of those fake fragrances out there and they don't care what you do with it. Or mayby, they admit it IS their product...... and offer you $25.00 for it.

Either way, it sounds to me like you are going to spend a LOT of money and have a LOT of dreams... that won't come true. But what the hell, send the letter anyway.

S

satinfo

jejeje.. Halket, assume he ardently wants to pursue this even after your well stated realities of "suing" someone. I think he must first identify the "insect". Expert witness testimony. An entomologist? jejeje You think he can sue on behalf of the insect for pain and suffering?

Let us say he has a true "insected perfume".. sorry, couldn't help it. A chemical analysis of the contents to ascertain it truly is original. But before the chemical analysis, a sworn statement or documentary evidence that the bottle has not been tampered with. He mentions a 2cm long insect. How wide is the insect? What are the dimensions of the bottle. Did someone put it there or did nature do its thing and eggs evolve..

He could be on to something, you think? If not anything else, he has brought a little humor...

CSE, do you have a picture of this insect? Do you know what type of insect it is? I'm curious to see this insect in a bottle..

What about Ripley's Believe it or not? Maybe there.. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">