• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be sued???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loukon

Please help!! On 9/5/01 I sold my 1995 Pontiac to a 20ish looking girl. She left a message on my machine the next morning calling me every name in the book almost and said the alternator on the car went bad that night and said if I don't buy her a new one she is suing my pants off. I drove the car all day prior to her picking it up and had no problems what so ever. I asked her if she would like to take it for a drive and she said NO. There is no way I could have known the alternator was going to go bad that night. If she had called and asked politely instead of cussing me out I would have helped her out. My questions are:

Can you return any purchased item back to the seller within 3 days for full refund?

Does the Lemon Law apply to this situation with NO warranty or guarantee on the vehicle?

Does anyone think she has a legitimate case?

Can I counter sue for all the explicit name calling and ridiculing on my answering machine?

Am I worrying for nothing?

Thanks

Last edited:

L

lawrat

No, you cannot counter sue. She can sue you but she won't win --- buyer beware.

JETX

Q1) "Can you return any purchased item back to the seller within 3 days for full refund?"
A1) Though a lot of states do allow for a 'cooling off' period after certain contracts (door-to-door, timeshare, etc.), it does not apply to car sales.

Q2) "Does the Lemon Law apply to this situation with NO warranty or guarantee on the vehicle?"
A2) No.

Q3) "Does anyone think she has a legitimate case?"
A3) Not me.

Q3) "Can I counter sue for all the explicit name calling and ridiculing on my answering machine?"
A3) No.

Q4) "Am I worrying for nothing?"
A4) Yes. Unless there is something else that we haven't been told.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">