• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tucky83

Can my license be suspended because i got pulled over for loud music?
PLease help!

L

lawrat

After a certain amount of points on your record, your license will be suspended. But, a sole ticket for loud music won't do it. call your local dmv to see how your record is fairing on this.

racer72

In my state and some others, if your loud music prevent you from hearing the siren of an emergency vehicle, you will be charged with a moving violation and you can lose your license. Is the damage to your hearing worth it anyway?

Q

qadaq

That's the crux of the matter, actually. If it does take points off of your license, you will lose it. If not you won't. Big Brother doesn't tend to care whether you're actually hurting anybody. (I must agree, by the way, that it's not good for your hearing.)

Check the law that you're supposedly violating. If it says something like "offensive music" you could argue that you're innocent because the law doesn't specify what music is to be considered offensive. I remind you that I'm not a lawyer and don't live in your state, and you see if there are cases cited around the statute to see if there's any help. Check the library for a copy of the statutes.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">