• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hope for a Quirky V-Dub? Need Lemon Law advice....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michellecatt

Hi there! I'm from California and have a few questions:

Recently I heard on the radio there have been a few changes to the CA Lemon Law. The radio newsperson summed it up by saying the manufacturer/dealer needs to get it fixed right in 4 trys or else... Can anyone elaborate on this?

Also, since getting my 2001 New Beetle in Oct 2000, I have had just about one new problem every other month. Although so far all but one problem has been repaired in one visit, however, one particular problem is going on its 3rd repair attempt. I will definately take advantage of the Lemon Law if this continues. However, if this problem DOES get fixed, there are still those other little problems that I most likely continue to have. It is a financial gamble to keep the car past its 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty, and since I dont gamble, I feel forced to sell it. It seems unfair that I be put in the position to potentially lose money in the depreciation when its sold, while originally I intended on driving it for years while it gradually depreciated. In my eyes, depreciation isnt that bad when the asset serves its purpose for many years. I found value in spending more to buy new rather than used, but now I cant trust the mechanical integrity of it and as a result, it now holds less value to me. If the other little problems keep occurring, is there legal ground to sue and get out from under this car (even if the problems are fixed in one attempt)? What about getting some sort of free extended bumper to bumper warranty to protect me from future financial burden? Is there anything anyone can come up with that would help me out of my situation or protect me from future financial impact?

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">