• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI for everybody in accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hoverido

My brother was in a single vehicle accident with three occupants. It happened in Illinois. The three of them was out drinking and the driver wrecked the truck, he was killed on impact. My brother and the other occupant suffered major injuries after being ejected from the truck thru the windshield. (not wearing seat belts). The police questioned both of them and they said that the guy that got killed was driving the truck. The police said that since they couldnt determine acutally who was driving at the time, the police issued DWI to both of the survivors. Is is common for police to issue DWi's to occupants when a death is involved. The police said that they could of put the blame on the guy killed to keep from getting charged with vehicle manslaughter. The guy that got killed was the only one left in the truck after the accident. Any ideas.....
Thanks,
Ray..

L

lawrat

http://www.legis.state.il.us/ilcs/ch625/ch625act5articles/ch625act5Sub50.htm

You need a criminal defense attorney for each of you because it seems the Officer realized you were all stupid and wants to the blame on someone. Sometimes passengers are charged and convicted for similar crimes by letting an intoxicated person drive and getting into the car with an intoxicated person.

www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">