• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School bathrooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TamiB1234

I'd like to know if it's legal in California for an elementary school (either public or private), grades K-5, to keep the bathrooms locked all day. The children must go to the office and get a key then return to the bathroom and unlock the door. This process could take as much as 3-4 minutes for the children in classrooms furthest from the the office. And those children are the youngest at the school, ages 4-6. Many children can't wait that long once they realize they have to use the bathroom and they're wetting their pants (or worse!). My son, in particular, has an intestinal disorder and his body gives him minimal warning that he needs to "go." The locked bathrooms are already a huge problem for him. Any input, advice or opinions???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TamiB1234 said:
I'd like to know if it's legal in California for an elementary school (either public or private), grades K-5, to keep the bathrooms locked all day. The children must go to the office and get a key then return to the bathroom and unlock the door. This process could take as much as 3-4 minutes for the children in classrooms furthest from the the office. And those children are the youngest at the school, ages 4-6. Many children can't wait that long once they realize they have to use the bathroom and they're wetting their pants (or worse!). My son, in particular, has an intestinal disorder and his body gives him minimal warning that he needs to "go." The locked bathrooms are already a huge problem for him. Any input, advice or opinions???

http://www.edweek.org/ew/ewstory.cfm?slug=16calif.h20

http://www.aclunc.org/aclunews/news42000/schools-lawsuit.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">