• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disinherited in Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Basicly_Beth

Oregon: My Father recently passed away. He lived in Illinois. My sister was executor of His estate. He had a revocable trust set up. 3 months before he passed I was still included in his estate. The last 3-4 weeks He was unable to breathe, talk, etc... Some time during that time, my sister, per his instructions (what she says that he said...no proof), removed me from the trust/will, and I was disinherited. He died Aug 26th,2001. I just found this out yesterday Sept 17, 2001, and have been given no proof that this was his request, nor have I been shown any documents, will, etc... Is what she tells me, legal and binding? Do I have any rights as a surviving child? Can I contest this? His mental state was gone during the final weeks, and she, my sis made this decision. She also used his mental state to influence his decisions RE: his will/trust. Help !!!

Cast Out and Confused

JETX

The issues you are raising are not something that is suited for an online forum and there are a lot of issues missing. For example, you say that she was the executor, but make no mention of a will or probate. Another is, considering his condition, how were you removed from the estate? Who did it? How was it done?

Your being removed from the trust doesn't 'disinherit' you from the estate.

These allegations will require considerable investigation and discovery to determine the full facts. If malfeasance can be shown, you might be able to challenge the will or the estate distribution.

As such, I strongly suggest that you talk with a probate attorney in your state. He/she will be able to review your beliefs and facts and best advise your position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">