• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Lemon Law apply to the purchase of a computer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Homegrownkids

I purchased a Hewlett Packard Millenium Edition computer. I have had problems with it from the time I purchased it. I am on the fourth unit exchange and this unit has had problems from the day I hooked it up. I am convinced that Millenium is a bad edition and I am tired of unit exchanges. I want my money back. HP says they can not refund my money, they can only work within the warrantee. Would the Lemon Law help me in this situation?

S

sparkwrite

HI: I was tortured by a HP Pavillion for eight months back in 1998. It was hideous. They had records of me calling at least 40 times. Also records of having replaced the motherboard and other components. I was fed up to say the least. They gave me my money back after eight months. All but the warranty which I purchased through Comp USA, (another company I'll never do business with). Almost three thousand dollars. I thought that was pretty good of them. The computer was never right. Always crapped out. When they told me that they would refund my money I immeadiately called and ordered a DELL. It has been perfect for three years. That HP was just a joke. I was a very squeaky wheel to HP. Maybe if you squeak they will give you your money back. Good Luck. Bye for now. SPARK

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">