• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car dealer won't cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chrys

North Carolina:
i purchased a used vehicle from a "reliable" car dealership in twown and it came with a one month/1000 mile warranty. i also went the extra step and purchased a two year extended warranty. before the end of the first week, i had to take it back for repairs (engine light came on); after picking up the car, the light came on again within twenty four hours. they had to order a part for it this time so they've had my car for a week. beside the check engine light, i had the check a knocking noice from under the car. i got a call today saying the part had come in and they fixed it (charges were covered under my warranty) but they hadn't fixed the knocking noise because it's not covered under warranty and they want to know if I still want it fixed. Do they not HAVE to fix it? They have had my new (used) car longer than I have! I'm not trying to m ake money here...i just want what is fair. I would sincerely appreciate any advice you can give. THX!

JETX

What does the warranty cover EXACTLY?? Is it a limited warranty?? Drive-train only?? Etc.

And until you can figure out what the 'knocking' is, you can't know if it is a warranted item or not.

C

chrys

here's what's covered

Here's what my warranty covers (I copied off the Chrysler website) i bought the added care plus extended warranty. The part that the dealership says is not covered (the knocking noise) is the "swing arm" (or something like that)...i know nothing about cars ugh! - chrys

Powertrain Care
This plan features $50/$100/$200 Deductible Per Repair Visit, $50 Towing Allowance, and a $30/Day Car Rental Allowance. It also includes Powertrain component coverage on your engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive/all-wheel drive systems. Please see your dealer for complete details.
Powertrain Care Plus
Powertrain Care Plus features all that Powertrain Care covers, plus component coverage on your steering and air conditioning systems. Please see your dealer for complete details.

Added Care
Added Care includes Powertrain and Major Assembly Component Coverage on your engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, four-wheel drive/all-wheel drive, steering, air conditioning, engine cooling and fuel, front suspension, electrical, brakes, and power group. Please see your dealer for complete details.

Added Care Plus
Added Care Plus covers all components that Added Care coverage protects with some key additions. Components such as anti-lock brakes, instrumentation, expanded electrical and luxury group. Please see your dealer for complete details.

JETX

It sounds to me like the 'swing bar' (or 'sway bar') should be covered under the 'Added Care' program since it is a part of the suspension.

I would suggest you get an explanation (in writing) from the local dealer on why this part is NOT covered under warranty. Then, ask to talk with the Zone Manager to resolve this problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">