• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will & Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dolphin29

(from massachusetts) - my brother was left executor of the state by my mother due to the fact i was disabled with health problems and was unable to own anything receiving (ssi). the house was put in his name for me for my best interest. my mother lived with me and my uncle after she split up with my father in 1978. my father remained in the house until january of 1983 when my uncle bought back the house for my mother, me and him. before my father passed on three months later in april. when my mother made her last will and testament out she never even mentioned my uncle's name on it after he payed my father 10,000 dollars to get the house back for her, me and him as well as paying 15,000 dollars in mortgage bills over the 17 years. after she passed on she was 29,000 dollars in credit problems which my uncle payed but in alright my brother should of payed since he was the executor of her estate. her first part of her will reads like this - i direct all my debts, including my funeral expenses, expense of last illness and expense of my estate, be paid by my executor. i never received a copy of her will until 5 years after her death. is it to late to contest? my uncle passed on in 2000 his will was left to me through my niece. can i contest the bills my uncle payed or does my niece need to do this? thanks

ALawyer

I am confused, and what are you asking? Regardless, what happened 5 years ago is likely ancient history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">