• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My college won't let me graduate (Someone please help)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

photoatoz

phila.,pa (andrea)
student at a community college
i registered for classes, had grant money and a student loan. i was told that one of my classes was considered a repeat and my grant would not pay for that course. but they took my loan money and grant money to pay the full balance owed. they insisted that they would refund the money and i would pay the balance for the class. this never happened. so i am paid in full, right? wrong. i registered to graduate and then they tell me (1 month before graduation), they made a mistake and i should not have received the grant and loan money. now, they want everything back so i can't take the last class i need to graduate or even get my diploma. the financial aid rep says that he tried to find additional funds that he could make me eligible for so that this money would be used for my debt, but was unable to. once he suggested i take out a personal loan to pay them back, i knew that i was in trouble. is this legal?
please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">