• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights regarding school snacks?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mere

Hi, can you tell me if a California public elementary school has the right to forbid certain snack foods and to single out "offenders" in front of the class, and disallow the child to eat the snack? This has all been done with no communication with the parents to even notify us what the standards are or to request our assistance in choosing our child's snacks to meet a certain standard. The teacher went so far as to ask the the children, "Why do your parents want to feed you garbage?"

Please help me so I can be well-prepared when I speak with the teacher this week--I want to know where our rights are.

Thank you!!

Shaun

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mere said:
Hi, can you tell me if a California public elementary school has the right to forbid certain snack foods and to single out "offenders" in front of the class, and disallow the child to eat the snack? This has all been done with no communication with the parents to even notify us what the standards are or to request our assistance in choosing our child's snacks to meet a certain standard. The teacher went so far as to ask the the children, "Why do your parents want to feed you garbage?"

Please help me so I can be well-prepared when I speak with the teacher this week--I want to know where our rights are.

Thank you!!

Shaun
My response:

Yours in not a legal question. Yours is a "school policy" question. Therefore, please contact your County's "Board of Education" for an opinion.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">