• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Siblings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TeTe D

Hi, I am the youngest of 6 siblings in the state of Virginia and I would like to know as well as my other siblings, if both parents are deceased and there was not a will made up, if the eldest sibling have more rights to the real-estate and personal assets than the other siblings. The eldest child says, because he was the first born he gets to take over everything. The others have no rights unless he says so. I would like to know if this is true? Other siblings put things in the house and would like to have them back. Does he have legal right to claim them now? they were given to the parents before he came to the state. Is there a law stating that he has legal right to everything? please let me know? Confused in Virginia. These items are only house items like TV's, microwaves, dishes, things like that, but they have special meaning to us. Please help if you can. Unhappy in Virginia.

Sista_G::confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">