• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paynem

Once two sisters have been named executors of their mother's estate in Nebraska, can one sister arbitrarily and without the other sister's permission remove that sister from that duty, citing Nebraska law that supposedly prevents an out-of-state executor [one of the sisters lives out of state]?

Thank you,
Mike

P.S. Though I've searched on my own for an answer, I've been unsuccessful. If anybody would rather point me to the answer instead of offering the answer, I will be very grateful.

out of state executor

Actually since they are relatives the "out of state" rule doesn't necessarily mean too much--my son is going through similar situation-judges do frown upon out of state executor's and since you are in state you would be doing most of the paper work--why not hire an attorney to help with the probate--just make sure he is not biased--that should put everyone at ease--AND make sure every item is accounted for in the estate-jewelry, tangable property, furnishings, etc. etc.--I'm not an attorney but am learning the ropes real fast when it comes to this--best advice--be sure to protect YOUR interests

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">