• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tr119

California
Could anyone please tell me where can I get the form to give up the parental right ? The ex agree to sign it & he asks me prepare the paper. I don't have much money to go to the lawer now, but if I wait until I have money, may be the ex will change his mind. So please tell me any information that you know. Thank you very much.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tr119 said:
California
Could anyone please tell me where can I get the form to give up the parental right ? The ex agree to sign it & he asks me prepare the paper. I don't have much money to go to the lawer now, but if I wait until I have money, may be the ex will change his mind. So please tell me any information that you know. Thank you very much.
My response:

It's not so much the forms as it is what to do with the forms once you have them. The issue of adoption by one parent when the other parent wishes to terminate rights is one of a Constitutional nature.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you, at least, hire a paralegal service to prepare the Petition and all other forms necessary to such an endeavor. Please keep in mind that a paralegal is not an attorney and you cannot obtain legal advice from a paralegal.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

T

tr119

Thanks for your reply. But rightnow, I just need the form so the ex can sign for give up his parental right . After that, when I have money, I & my present b/f will go to file for adoption my son. At that time, I surely need the lawer. So please tell me what to do now. Thanks again.

LegalBeagle

tr119 said:
Thanks for your reply. But rightnow, I just need the form so the ex can sign for give up his parental right . After that, when I have money, I & my present b/f will go to file for adoption my son. At that time, I surely need the lawer. So please tell me what to do now. Thanks again.
It does not work that way.. ie, get a form, have him sign it and then wait for the time is right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">