• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate ,overdue bills??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JR329

The estate of my uncle was left to myself and three siblings of his.The real estate (home ,belongings,etc.) which is all owned outright,was left to his sister,majority of monetary was left to myself and remaining was left to other siblings..Question is funeral costs,lawyers fees, and bills from home (elec. heat ,etc.) are to come from whom legally..is it propotionate to assets recieved? will doesnt specify...

JR. mass.

A

advisor10

SEPT. 27, 2001

DEAR JR329:

Please clarify your situation by answering some important questions.

(1) What month and year did your uncle die?

(2) If there was a will, who was named to be executor of the estate? It is that person who was responsible for claiming all monies and properties of the deceased, and then using those assets to pay outstanding bills and funeral expenses, lawyers fees, taxes, etc., and then distributing what was left over to any heirs/beneficiaries.

(3) Is his estate open now or has it been closed?

(4) Did your uncle have a surviving spouse or surviving children?

(5) What is the approximate value of his estate?

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">