• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

challenge to a trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtb

i take care of my 82 year old uncle. He created a revocable living trust & will 5 years ago. He has been single all his life. I am his nephew. He has other nephews and neices named as beneficiaries. My brother and I are to receive 45% of his assets upon his death as we are the only ones that take care of him. Two of my other cousins have been asking my uncle for money lately. They do nothing for him and have not helped me help him when I am not able to. They say they don't have time. These cousins have asked me questions about the trust and by the tone of their questions, I know they may try to contest the trust when my uncle dies.
I understand that people contest trusts/wills commonly based on the accusation that the successor trustee (me) used coercion or that my uncle was not clear minded. Neither could be further from the truth. How can I protect myself and my uncle's wishes. Is there anything I should do now in anticipation of a challenge? PLEASE advise me.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP !!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">