• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Administrator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fox_flyer

My question concerns California law and no valid will. After some time the court appointed my brother personal administrator. Most of the money was in stocks and my brother said he was prevented, by law, from selling the stocks. He said that he had to petition the court to sell the stocks and his only option was if he sold the stocks that the money had to go into the bond market. I was under the impression that when a person is appointed administrator he or she has the right to liquidate assets and put them into an estate account without court approval. Is this so or does California law dictate something different? The stock market has lost a great deal of value and so has the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">