• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writing my own will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anita1

I live in New Jersey.My husband and I are leaving for Las Vegas on Monday and we do not have a will. We have 3 grown children and 2 grandchildren. My question is, can we write our own will and will it be legal? Does it have to be notarized? Would it be considered legal if it is not notarized. We don't have much but we want to make sure the children receive it. We have told our children what we have and what each one would get. What should we include in it? Can we just write it in a list form? I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

writing own will

I'm not an attorney but I do believe in order for a will to hold up in court without any problems it should be witnessed and notorized--witnessed by 2 people--You probably can pick up some basic will forms at an office supply store or possibly through this web sit under forms (that might be an option and save you a trip)--And since you mentioned it is pretty basic (nothing complicated) a standard form should suffice. Have fun in Vegas and GOOD LUCK!! My husband and I go there often--we love it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">