• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Committee Meetings of Educational, Not for Profit Organizations

• Thread starter Patricia Sipman
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Patricia Sipman

Denial of public access to committee mtgs of educ, not for profit corp.

This question pertains to the State of Maryland. A dance group is incorporated in the State of Maryland as Educational, Not For Profit. This dance group solicits and receives tax free charitable donations from its members and recently received a grant from the Maryland State Art Council (state and federal money). It also is registered with the I.R.S. under 501 (c)(3). This dance group holds regular committee meetings. However, the general public seems to be barred from these meetings. The meeting dates, times, place are not made known, even upon request. I have access to a law library (Cornell). Please tell me where I might look to determine whether a member of the public is entitled to attend committee meetings of educational, not for profit corporations registered in the state of Maryland, which are incorporated under I.R.S. 501(c)(3). Thanks very much!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">