• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20 years old with no birth certificate, only a SSN.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msnow

I live in Santa cruz California and was born here as well.
my parents (father deceased, mother living) are both leagal citezens and were born in the states as well.
I was born in my parents home in santa cruz, and was delivered by my father and a mid-wife.
My parents registered me with the Social Security Office in 1984 so I have a SSN, but I was never registered with the Office Of Vital records, so I dont have a birth certificate.
I have filled out all of the required paperwork and avidafits for delayed birth registration and am waiting now to get my certified copy, but this could take up to another 6 months to get.
I am in great need of my birth certificate, I need to get my license, and the company I work for needs to send me to a sister company in Germany. So at this point im wondering if their is any steps I can take to speed up this process, or how I would go about getting a possible court order to bring to the DMV.

Any replys to this thread are appreciated.

--Matt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">