• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto fraud..please read me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

geraldg

orlando, florida

in 1/24/97 i bought a new vw jettea from a dealer. i wanted a brand new car and thats what they told me i was getting. recently both my door locks fell out and my alarm is in the on position. so i can't drive my car because of the "starter kill" feature of the car. i called vw customer care to see if there was a recall or some known issue with my car. they tried to match my vin # to my name and it didn't match. apparently it is registered to someone else and i'm not the first owner.

i purchased the car on friday back in '97 and tried to return it on monday but the dealership owner said i couldn't because it was not a used car and therefore the 3 business days to return it did not apply but apparently it was used. also, i checked with carfax and they have 3 items that appeared when i did a lenom check with them. i never took the car in for anything major.

what are my legal options if my car was indeed used when i bought it and was told it was new?
should i purchase a carfax lemon report to see what the 3 items are?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">