• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Trade Act of 1974

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jrmoore

The state of SC is refusing to allow me to use the training grant of the Trade Act of 1974 because I refused a job at $28,000. They are using my base salary of $33,600 saying that I was offered a job at more than 80% of my last job. Section 617.22 of the Trade Act uses the term "average weekly wage". SC code 41-27-140 defines "average weekly wage" as total wages paid for the highest quarter in the base period of employment divided by 13. Under those rules the job was not 80% if my "average weekly wage". NC is paying my unemployment and they ruled that the job offered was not suitable. I cannot find a lawyer who will look at this for me. I have already appealed to a SC tribunal and they have ruled against me. I have appealed to a full commission. Help!

D

dorenephilpot

Why are you posting this on the education law board?

You might have better luck on the employment law board....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">