• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Parking Ticket - Too Old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Masked Marvel

Greetings..

i jsut got a notice from the Washington DC Parking people notifying me that a ticket I got there (I'm out of State) may be referred to a credit agency. Here's the rub:

It's over 6 years old (it'll be seven in March).

Isn't that a little OLD? What's the statute on that? Don't they expire after a few years? How about seven? Can I take the hit on the credit report, even if it IS legit to do so, at this time, and expect it to expire after the seven year period?

Basically - do I need to worry about a 6 year old $50 fine, or are they just trying to scare me into paying?

Thanks bunches.

Peace
8-Damien
[email protected]

C

CombatTN88

Masked Marvel said:
Greetings..

i jsut got a notice from the Washington DC Parking people notifying me that a ticket I got there (I'm out of State) may be referred to a credit agency. Here's the rub:

It's over 6 years old (it'll be seven in March).

Isn't that a little OLD? What's the statute on that? Don't they expire after a few years? How about seven? Can I take the hit on the credit report, even if it IS legit to do so, at this time, and expect it to expire after the seven year period?

Basically - do I need to worry about a 6 year old $50 fine, or are they just trying to scare me into paying?

Thanks bunches.

Peace
8-Damien
[email protected]
An anicent parking ticket is never old. It is always active since the birth of the Christ until the Judgement Day.

Regards, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">