• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Latest News

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Ukiah

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't updated you on our case sooner - but I've been really busy!!

My BF and I split up, after he told me he couldn't handle all the court issues and didn't want me to go for custody of my daughter - basically he was jealous of the fact that she came first.

I moved back to the rinky dink little town to be closer to my Daughter, after my Ex told me that if I were closer, he'd be willing to do shared custody (week to week).

We went to court mid September and I was awarded Joint Legal/ Joint Physical Custody... The Evaluator went with "Stupid's" proposal of year to year physical custody (when I was living 100 miles north of my daughter). The Evaluator recommended that the first year, our daughter would remain with Stupid, and then the next year she would be with me, for the third year we would have to decide who would have her (which means we'd end up back in court because he's too much into controlling everything and doesn't want to pay child support).

I moved back at the begining of this month (Oct) and just started a new job today.
I've been trying to get my X to sit down and work out a fesible schedule for parenting time - but he seems to be "Busy" (How convenient), but I figure as long as we don't have an agreement for bi-weekely shared parenting time, I'll have my daughter residing with me primarily next school year.

Our case is going to be sent back to the old county (the one we both are in now), and I have to ask the CSEA to recuse themselves due to conflict because "Stupid's" wife works in that office - supposedly doing accounting....

Anyways, I don't want to make this too long.... BUT IAAL, maestro, if you happen to read this.. could you please tell me the process which I need get the CSEA to recuse themselves from the case? Form#? Do I start the process?

That's about it for now...

Ukiah

G

Grandma B

Sounds like you're well rid of the ex b.f. Of course your child has to come first! Girl, you've got to hook up with a better kind of man! You're just too good for those bums. Things keep looking up, don't they? ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Grandma B said:
Sounds like you're well rid of the ex b.f. Of course your child has to come first! Girl, you've got to hook up with a better kind of man! You're just too good for those bums. Things keep looking up, don't they? ;)
My response:

Hello, Ukiah. Long time no hear !

Yes, it looks like you've been quite busy. And, it appears that the "baby has been split down the middle" - - you got something, and Idiot Boy got something. I'm not thrilled with the yearly custody arrangement. That's going to be hard on your little girl, and I would never have agreed to it. But . . .

Anyway, you can write a motion for an Order to transfer your CS from that office, where she works, to another. There is no form, so you'll have to write a "Notice of Motion, and Motion to Transfer Child Support Enforcement Due to Conflict of Interest" from scratch - - which you know how to do. It's just a matter of you finding the time to get to the law library to conduct your research and then do your writing. The librarian should have some examples that you can look at and "massage" to meet your own fact situation.

HINT :

Start looking at the disk and use "conflict interest" as your search parameters. Then read the law, and then go to the library to expand on what you've found.

I wish you well, Ukiah.

IAAL

Last edited:
M

Mom in Pa

Ukiah

Hello Ukiah.... I'm so sorry about your problems. This dinky town you stated, is that Ukiah, Ca?? Cuz if it is I'm also originally from that area, but 20 miles North.

I agree with Grandma B, and I know those guys in that area are nothing but sad. Fight for your daughter as I am fighting now for my sons from a guy also from that area. I left and moved to Pa with my boys. And now am fighting a custody change from a court in Ca.
SO hard to do 3000 miles away.

Since your daughter is school age, she is going to be hurt by the yearly splits. How will she adjust emotionally. Thats just wrong! She needs stability!

As I understand it also, the mediator doesn't have final say in the arrangements, the judge does. ITs just an opinion.
How old is your daughter? Is she old enough for you to take her to an evaluator to have her voice heard? Is she old enough to voice her concerns on the yearly flip flops?

Concerning child support, doesnt matter if he has her every other year, he still has to pay support, thats his fatherly duty.
Just because my Ex gets my boys for the summer, that doesnt mean he has the right to stop paying his support for them, I still have to maintain a home for them.

Just my two cents. Good luck to you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">