• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

descrimination/humilation

• Thread starter cynthiathom0811
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cynthiathom0811

My son was kicked off the football team due to the fact that he wrote a papper bout the football tram and was humilaited in fornt of his peers and the school never contacted me about the sistuation I have tried several times to meet w/ the principal and the assistant principal . The asst. principal contacted me I expalined the sistuation to her and she adv that she willinvestigate the problem and I have not heard from her at all i have called and went to the school and no one will meet with me. I did some resech on my own and found out that the school baord has a policy that in sistuaton that concerns a child the teacher /or school has 24 hrs to make contact with athe teacher . I need help .....:confused: :( :mad: should I seek an lawyer ? my son does not want to go to this school nor play sports

D

dorenephilpot

Send them a letter, return receipt requested, asking for a meeting.

My guess is that you'll get a response then.

If so, meet with them and try to resolve it.

Then if they won't meet with you or you can't resolve the issues, find a lawyer in your state who focuses on education law. Not just anyone who practices law will know education law enough to serve you well, just as you wouldn't want a criminal defense attorney to write your will.

Many attorneys will give free initial consultaitons.

Let him/her look at the facts and advise you as to whether you have a case.

Best of luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">