• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son needs counseling-ex husband refuses, HELP !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mjsturg1

I live in Delaware. My ex husband has placement of my two sons during the school yr and i have them in the summer. My oldest son who is 8 is in need of some counseling,he is mad at me all the time and completely defiant. Of course as we were in a nasty custody battle i certainly dont doubt that my ex husband fed him some awful things about why mommy and daddy arent together. I had him all summer with no problems, now all of a sudden right back to square one so i arranged for counseling for him and I since my ex claims he doesnt have a problem with him and after putting all these restrictions on me about taking him (like i have to do it on my time and he wont take him and i cant interupt soccer practice etc) now he says he wont agree to it. SO what can i do other than file a motion with the court (takes 6 wks here), take my son and let him dispute it with the court or am i in my rights as a parent with joint custody to take him??? It seems almost as though my ex doesnt want something to be uncovered in counseling or something -he is so adamant that he not go and i am the one who needs to go etc etc.
Please help. thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">