• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

artificial insemination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbeneventi

I live in California with my boyfriend. He and I want to have a child, but he is not able. So, we agreed that artificial insemination is an alternative that we are both OK with. Well, we have no intentions of getting married, so my question is this... with not being married, would the child still be able to carry my boyfriend's last name or would it have to have mine? Also,would my boyfriend's name be on the birth certificate as the father? If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Thank you! :confused:

L

Lampeter

From what I know, the father has to be present and give his consent for his name to be listed on the child's birth certificate. And as long as the father is present and willing to be listed as the father, the child can have his last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">