• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental consent/marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dogluvr3

I am 16 and my boyfriend is 20, we want to get married. What can we do... In Mississippi the leagle marriage age is 15, are we able to go there without a parents consent and leagally get married. There are many reasons we want to get married, the way my parents treat me is a big one.
He has a well paying job, house,basically evrything we need to start out our lives together.
Anyway I just want to know if it is leagle to go to mississippi without parents consent or could he be sent to jail for that?
(Ohio)

Last edited:

D

deefran

If he takes you out of the state of Ohio without your parent's consent, he could be charged with kidnapping as he is an adult and you are still considered a child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">