• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad treatment of dui by P.Defender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dreamrz66

I'll try to tell a long story short...
1998...husband molested my daughter...sent him to jail, he was given only 1 year. 7 months later I find out he's getting out!!
Very upset, I call a gal friend said"I want to get Drunk" she says come over with kids spend the night" I pack up kids, go to store grab bottle of Jaeger. I lived in Lake Tahoe,snow.
I drove a K5 Blazer 4x4, on the way to her house, a ski bus was parked half in the road, so to get around, I had to 4x4 around it(which included going up the side of a berm...very common driving in Tahoe). Well, it seems as the persons house in front decided I was going to be his way to fix his banged up car. Called the cops and said I hit and ran. ( I drove up 4 houses and parked,not exactly running was it) Cops show up at my friends house, Where I was drinking by then (1.10 hr. later)I happened to look out window, and see cop rifeling through my car. Stupid me...goes outside and asks "can I help you"? He said "does this car belong to you, I say yes. He said we just had a report that it was involved in a hit and run accident. I said I dont think so! He said have you been drinking? I said yes in the house, quite a bit too, but not before I drove here. At that point, he made me do a soberity test. which I passed, but when he was about to send me back in the house(nice local cop), CHP showed up and made me stay there...then they did a blow test. Which I failed. I was then arrested on 2 counts of dui and 1 count of hit and run.
In court, represented by local P.D. they dropped hit and run, investigator found it to be a fraudulant report. No possible way I could have been the truck that hit(no match on paint , height, or direction of impact) Dropped felony dui, gave me misdeminor-first offense Dui. At which I was instructed to plead no-contest too, BY MY LAWYER, and that we would appeal it later. Then I find out if you plead no-contest...You CAN NOT appeal.
Ok all is said and done. Now I havent paid on the 1400.00 fine nor have I started first offender classes...why cause Im a single mom...and my molested child has been in and out of mental hospitals twice...I got cancer, and had to have surgery, barely can afford to live...but I need a drivers license to get back and forth to work? HELP...I cant afford anything right now...is there a way to minimize my fine, or delete it...(special circumstances beyond my control) This took place Easter sunday 1999. court sentencing August 1999. Its been 2 yrs.
I was told I would have to have a SR22 for 3 yrs from the sentencing date. Its been 2 yr already. I know I probly have a FTP warrant! Im scared but dont know what to do??? The last 3.5 yrs of my life have been hell, trying to heal a very messed up child, not to mention my heavy health issue.
I had to move to sacramento Just to be near my daughter in the Mental hospital. Start over with nothing! No money, no belongings nothing. I dont know how to solve this MAJOR problem. I dont know where to start???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">