• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I stop the cycle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ga-peach31710

I live in Georgia. My DH has a 10 year old w/e g/f. When his daughter was 2, his ex was getting married and wanted DH to sign over his parental rights, so her husband could adopt her. DH agreed. She calls 4 years later and told DH that the paper work was not properly filed and wanted to give him a second chance. She was in the process of getting a divorce from 1st husband.

In April 1997 BM demanded that he pay her $100 a week CS on top of anything else she needed (a bill paid here and a bill paid there, etc..). His ex would call me at my place of employment keep me on the phone for hours at a time and make threats to take him to court if he didn't meet her demands. I told her that was up to her, that it was probably in our best interest if she did. Well, she backed off. In April of 1997 we started getting his daughter every other weekend and then in August 1997 she was engaged for the 2nd time. We got a call, after we had driven 2 hours to drop his daughter off and 2 hours home, she said "My daughter doesn't need a daddy and do not call or try to contact us at all!" (There was not a court order for Child Support.)

We didn't hear from her for 2 year 6 months then the calls start again. A couple of weeks later he gets papers in the mail from CSE. They informed him that he would pay $42/wk. We received a phone call from his ex, her statement was "is that all I am going to get, that's not enough to send her to private school, I need more money then that." DH explained to her that he had another family to take care of. Started visitation in April 2000 and in August 2000, she stopped coming.

September 2001 BM is calling me at work wanting money. 1st she said that she was going to hire a lawyer and have him ordered to pay $75/wk. When I mentioned about him signing over his rights when daughter was 2 she then wanted to change SD last name to her maiden name so SD will never be known as ********* again and she will be finished with us. DH is out of work. I pay the CS when I can, (we have 2 small children) She just went through her 2nd divorce. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">