• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy Rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CarolHougen

Hello, I would like to inquire about Bank privacy rules.
My name is Carol I Live in Ontario, Canada
My neighbour (TOM) is a police officer for Ontario Provincial Police in Canada. Tom wishes to replace our property line fence with a very expensive style of steel fence. I told him I couldn't afford my share of the fence at this time as I am saving to purchase a new car.
Tom contacted my bank and told the bank he was a police officer investigating my account,he asked for my account balances for all my accounts and what my week income was as well as where I spend my money.

To my surprise the bank supplied him everything he asked for including providing him a hard copy which his wife picked up at my branch with out providing I.D.
He showed me his findings and agreed I can't afford the fence.
Needless to say I don't talk to Tom anymore!
I am very upset.
Is the bank allowed to do this?
Is a police officer allowed to do this?

Carol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">