• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing your parents?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

theguy

Hello I live in the state of Arizona, my mother and I are having alot of problems, she isn't all there in the head(if you know what I mean). I am months away from being 18. I am not the only one that thinks she might be losing it. I need to get out of my house now. My dad lives to far away for me to go to school, so I am able to live with my close friend. How would I make it legal for me to live with my friend, and how would I start the process of being an emancipated minor?

Thank you very much for whatever advice/comments you choose to give me.

Sincerely,
Guy

MySonsMom

theguy said:
Hello I live in the state of Arizona, my mother and I are having alot of problems, she isn't all there in the head(if you know what I mean). I am months away from being 18. I am not the only one that thinks she might be losing it. I need to get out of my house now. My dad lives to far away for me to go to school, so I am able to live with my close friend. How would I make it legal for me to live with my friend, and how would I start the process of being an emancipated minor?

Thank you very much for whatever advice/comments you choose to give me.

Sincerely,
Guy
My suggestion....Make the best of these last few months being a minor. The minute you turn 18, you are on your own. Live with your friend if that works out and finish school. Someday your Mother may "have it all there" and if you "divorce" your Mother; you may never have another chance to save your relationship with her. You are almost 18, wait it out. And pray that one day you and your Mother will work things out. Not everyone gets along with their parents, but they ARE your parents. Your Mother gave birth to you, and nurtured you at one time in your life; give her the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck and God bless.

MSM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">