• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Director is going to place an Injunction on me and cos I took company information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevin_uk

Ref: Ex-Director is going to place an Injunction on me and because I took company information

Hi,

I am in need of your advice guys!

I just resigned from a Recruitment job. I left to go back to university to do some postgraduate study.

Way before I left this company I had copied files from the hard drives of the works computers – this was so that I could work from home.

They cottoned onto this after I had resigned and think that I copied the information so that I could set up my own business using their information or that I was gonna go to a rival company.

I’m not going to a rival company, however once I have finished university in June 2001 I may setup a small recruitment company.

The Managing Director of this cash rich recruitment company has told me that his solicitors are on my case, and will be serving me with an ‘Injunction’ – which I believe will prevent me from using any information about their clients of the candiates who are looking for work through this company. (I do have information on both cvlaitns and candidates)

They are serving an Injunction and he also mentioned another legal term, something like: ‘adipol?’ ‘adimol?’, he said that was going to be in place too.

They are analysing the computer hard drives and serviers to see which files I have copied. And also a Cleaner at the company apparently say me going round the computers with a floppy disk, and has told the Manager when questioned.

So in summary I’ve taken commercially sensitive from work, and now the MD wants to punish me for that! I didn’t like working for them anyway, they were very poor managers and treated everyone badly!

What do I do, whats going to happen to me? Please advise,

Kevin
in England
[email protected]

JETX

Sorry, but since this site is mainly US based, you won't get much in the way of legal opinions for the UK. Also, you won't get much sympathy.

Here is as I see your post....
After hours, when everyone else had gone home, you snuch around to peoples computers and copied company files. You took them home and though you claim 'university', you admit that you intended to use them for your own 'future business'. Here in the US, that violates SEVERAL laws (theft, trade secrets, fraud, etc.). My suggestion to you, return all the files to the company, destroy any copies, admit your theft and take the consequences of your illegal action. In my opinion, you are extremely lucky that the company is only going after you civilly (injuction) and not pursuing criminal charges.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">