• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sending photos in the mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

globaby

I have photos of my small dog in a floating device designed for toddlers. I wrote the company and told them how my dog loves it, to float around the pool and also he is with us at the same time. They asked me to send them the photos. Do I have to do anything legally before I mail them out to protect my ownership of them. Thanks

JETX

Yes, you have every right to ask them to sign a 'non-commercial use' agreement. This would preclude them using your photo for any commerial purpose without your prior permission. Additionally, it would assure your ownership rights to the photographs and their use.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">