• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCFS/What rights do I have as a foster parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yasha

i was a foster parent in illinois and i recently had my life turned upside down by dcfs. my foster child is also my nephew. i have had him since he was a 1yr old dcfs came & took him away on feb1,2001, because his case worker lft the agency & they couldnt find her paperwork stating that she had seen him on 12/23/00 & 1/3/01 before she lft the agency. so the supervisor came out on 2/1/00 and said my house was a danger to the child & also took him away & put him in another foster home. she tried to put me in the system as well saying that i was endangering my daughter too. another worker came out & found the allegations unfounded. now my brother has my nephew & i still have charges on me that i shouldnt have. now they are trying to take my nephew from my brother. he is a 23yr old male he works everyday & he takes very good care of my nephew. is there anything that we can do about the state trying to take my nephew. we have been in the system way too long my nephew w/b 6y.o. next month i was going to adopt him not only because i love him but basically so we can also get dcfs out of our life. they basically feel that fosterparents *if u arent married* arent suppose to have significant others. and my brother only has a one bedroom apt & the case worker new this when he gave my nephew to my brother now out of the blue theyre saying if he dosent get a bigger apt they are going to take my nephew away. they dont want to help aid the move or the search of a new apt. and its not that easy to move here in the city of chicago. my brother is working to make ends meet ***can someone please help me ???***

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">