• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unhappy Customer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debyb

I don't know if this is the area I need to ask his question, but here goes. My mother has raised registered pups for many years. Out Of the last litter sold in May she had a customer call her today saying very rudely she was sold a interbreed or mixed breed pup ! Out of all the litters over the years this has only one other time. ( I have that puppy ) We thought maybe somewhere in the breed line something might have happen also, but it happens so rarely Mom did not nor could she find out much more about the line. She has offered this lady her 350$ back and to take the pup back. If this lady continues with her threat of taking mom to court, what kind of rights does my mother have and how can she protect herself in the future. My mom doesn't have the money for much, she uses this extra money to supplement her social sercuity. We did think about getting a DNA test to prove to the lady that she wasn't cheated. She just got a odd ball puppy.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

This is not a criminal issue..so don't worry about criminal charges.

This is a civil issue: the worst that can happen is either the woman gets stuck with the dog and your mom keeps the money or the two are exchanged.

Your mom did not have the intent to commit fraud and used her best abilities as an expert in this field to sell a pure breed. Not her fault it turns out to be an "odd ball pure breed" or a "mixed breed"

End of story..take a breath and relax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">