• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal use of account information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rob1329

Summary:
Was lured by brokers for credit card processing bank to switch to their bank and get a lower processing fee rate.
By the agreement I should get those lower fees with my old terminal. So no need for additional expenses on a newer terminal. Just a switch.
When I later tried to process a purchases through my terminal reprogrammed to their bank I found out that address verification feature doesn’t work on my terminal.
Answers from the bank and brokers contradict each other. The bank doesn’t state clearly that the address verification will lower processing rate.
The brokers sad yes it would and now you need a new terminal capable of handling this verification.
In brokers words: “The only way you can solve this problem is to buy a new terminal from us for $150 . Which is our cost price”. Who knows.
Yes they admitted making mistake but solution should be on my shoulders and from my pocket.
I offered them to make a test. To lend me a terminal and see results on the next statement.
Fist they agree, than they say I have to give a $75 as a deposit. I agreed.
Than they reversed themself. Now they say their position should be strong and “You don’t believe us- we don’t like it”-in a loud threatening tone.
I asked “Can you guarantee in writing ?”-no we will never do that.
Now they can sell me a refurbished terminal for $100 with a $50 nonrefundable deposit. I agreed to eat this ... because I was cornered by necessity to post a backlog of transaction by the end of the month and they promised to have this refurbish deal ready before the end of the month.
It was 1 day before the end of the month. Next day, last day of the month they couldn’t do it because of the computer problem of the bank. So I am hit by a monthly fee for non processing anything.
This was the last drop.
I called the bank and canceled the contract on the basis of the service problem.
I went back to my old provider. Ask them to reduce the fee. They agreed.
They reprogrammed my terminal free of charge and I posted backlog of transaction.
A couple of weeks ago I’ve got a call from infamous brokers: “You picked up a terminal from us we have your signature on invoice”. (In a mean tone) .No I don’t.
Couple of days later another call: “Please be advised we will debit your account for $600 for the price of terminal and $250 cancellation fee”. Do you have a proof?
”You can sue us . We will be happy to sent our lawyers to the court” .
I closed the account as a precaution. They did tried to debit my already empty account for $595.
What can I do?
I intent to file a complain with district attorney office.
New York City.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">