• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Higher Education

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zorger

I am researching starting an online University. My home state, Pennsylvania, has very strict requirements regarding degree granting institutions (minimum $500,000 endowment + 8 full time faculty). Since this will be Internet based distance learning I am interested in incorporating in another state. I have several questions that I have not been able to answer?

1) How can I make sure I know all the laws and regulations relating to higher eduction of the state that I incorporate in?

2) If I have administraive offices in Boston Mass. (PA is just too strict) but all education takes place online and the corporation is formed in another state, what official approval, if any, is required from authorities in Mass. to grant degrees?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">