• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing for new social security number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

staralife

I received a letter in the mail stating "Get a NEW CREDIT REPORT". The long and short of it was about how to get a new social security number. It said that your SSN was only intended to be used for taxes and such uses. But the industry has used as a way to measure ones financial success (or lack of). It said that for $120 they would send you a new ssn and a visa with a credit limit of $5000. My question is, is this legal? Can you really have 2 social security numbers? Can I use this second one only for credit purchases (credit card apps, loans, banks, etc.) ? Thanks in advance

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by staralife:
I received a letter in the mail stating "Get a NEW CREDIT REPORT". The long and short of it was about how to get a new social security number. It said that your SSN was only intended to be used for taxes and such uses. But the industry has used as a way to measure ones financial success (or lack of). It said that for $120 they would send you a new ssn and a visa with a credit limit of $5000. My question is, is this legal? Can you really have 2 social security numbers? Can I use this second one only for credit purchases (credit card apps, loans, banks, etc.) ? Thanks in advance<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do a search on this BB search words credit report. Read response from I Am Always Liable, June 6 2000.

I got some swamp land in Florida and some volcano land in Hawaii that you can buy on a time share basis using your new credit card. Only $5000 down and we accept Visa. As a bonus for the first 50 customers who order within the next 48 hours, we will send you a brand new SS number for only $99.95. Order online now and get a coupon good for a free Play Station 2 direct from Japan, complete with all Japanese characters and subtitles. Impress your friends and be the first one on the block to have this limited edition game and a new SS number.
Call 1-800-rip-u-off or visit our website at irsauditu.com

J

justlooking

No offense but GIMME A BREAK!! Is anybody really that crazy to believe that load of crap? If your social security number given to you at BIRTH was only intended for taxes and such, then how come when you get married and your name changes you don't get a new social security number? Did ya ever think of that one? Unless you've never been married then i could see why not. In any case, if I were allowed to have 2 social security numbers i would have a better credit history than i do with just the one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">