• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brenda Jarding

My ex just moved out on his girlfriend 2 mos ago, She is in Maryland and he is in Florida. Now she had a new credit card for her business at Circuit City, she verbally said that he was ok to use it, but after he left her, he never returned the card nor did she ask for him to return it, Now after a month of being in Florida He max the card out without her knowledge, she just recently recieved the bill, she demaned full payment by Fri or she was having him arrestted, He made one payment of 52.00 on this account recently, so can she have him arrested for this? and which state will they arrest him in ? will they expited him and proscute him in the state of Maryland?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Maryland AND Florida -- this is very serious.

What he did was horrible and malicious. Just because when they were together, he could use it, I am sure the girl didn't okay for him to max it out. Usually, reasonable use is the rule.

As to when they broke up, common sense and judgment would dictate for him to return it. Worst case, not return it but take his name off the card and cut it up.

B

Brenda Jarding

According to her his name was never on the card. He put over 1,230.00 on this card. She says she is pressing charges. Can she do this when he said she could use it, and she says she can't remember ever recieving this new card/ What will happen to him if an arrest takes place> will they arrest him in Florida and then take him to Maryland ?

J

justlooking

If he is your ex then why are you so worried about where he is arrested? He was wrong for using the card once they had broken up. She should have him arrested for stealing the card and for using it when he wasn't authorized to use it. If his name isn't on the card nor the account, did he forge her name on the sales slips? That would only add to his problems. If he signed his name, then he can't deny using the card.

[This message has been edited by justlooking (edited October 28, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">