• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Structure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LydiaEnt

What legal structure is most suitable (in the State of Washington) for Real Estate Investing? We want our company to buy, sell, own, lease, rent out, or hold any type of real estate and know certain legal structures work better than others.

ALawyer

Read the sections on Business Law on FreeAdvice.com. It really depends on who you are, how much is involved, what the property is, where the property is located, what will be done with the property, how long any parcel will be held, etc.

An LLC may be most useful.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

L

LydiaEnt

I had presumed the specifics would determine the structure best used. Thanks for your reply.

Can you comment on reasons C Corporations are not recommended for Real Estate Investments (I assume there are tax implications, ie. Holding Company status, etc.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">