• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California automobile repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat30s

Gosh am I frustrated!!! Okay...I had a car repossessed after only being 25 days late. Unfortunately, that is legal. We received a notice from the finance company telling us that we had until a certain date to pay, or they would sell it. We worked with the finance company and came up with all the payments, and repo fees. We went today to pick up the car only to find it had already been sold!!!! Now, I have a written notice from the finance company teling us what date we had until, and they are now saying well legally they can sell it after 15 days. BUT I HAVE IT IN WRITING OTHERWISE! I need to know if I have any recourse, because now, my credit is seriously damaged by this shoddy finance company. Should I call a Lawyer? or do I not have a case?

H

hdiris

Talk with a lawyer! And don't be put off if you run across one who says "well, you were late with your payment." Find one who will listen to you; they are out there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">